Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Preparing for my History Lesson



I lay there on the stone path completely mesmerized by this wonderful little creature. Listening intently to every word that poured out of his mouth. He was dressed in denim overalls with a long sleeved shirt and of course his pointy red hat. He had a small tool belt tied around his waiste and a hanky sticking out of a back pocket. I wasn't quite sure who this fellow was, but I was completely fascinated.

So let me just tell you that this particular morning was certainly one of surprises for me. Grayston talked freely about who he is, where he came from, how and why he came to be in the garden...along with the small wheel barrel of rocks and stones!


He quickly explained to me the reason for the pointy red hat, he was part GNOME, of course! How silly of me not to realize that right away! Perhaps I had just been caught off guard too quickly to think clearly. Afterall it was quite obvious that he was definately a Gnome type wee being and once I collected my wits, I could easily see that.

But again, I've taken enough of your time for one morning, so if you'd like to join me again, we'll come back another time and I'll fill you in on all the basics. Of course I realize you're probably asking yourself..."WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH FEMALE GNOMES???!! "...but just trust me a bit longer and in the end you'll understand. After all, you can't just toss the boat out into the lake, sometimes you need to launch it from the shoreline!

So until next time...

No comments: